Falcon Motor Club’s Guy Fawkes Trial was one of many trials first run in the late 1940s or early 1950s as motorsport was restarting after the Second World War. The Guy Fawkes started off as a “North Chilterns” road trial before moving to the Cotswolds, then back to the Chilterns, ending its “first life” as a single venue classic trial before returning as a PCT from 1996 on.
- 1950 to 1952, and 1953? : One day road event in the Chilterns.
- 1954 to 1965 : Multiple start long distance event with most observed sections in the Cotswolds.
- 1966 to 1967 : No events.
- 1968 to 1971 : Single start (Oxford) long distance event with most observed sections in the Cotswolds. Cancelled 1969.
- 1972 to 1980 : Single venue classic trial in various Hertfordshire locations. Cancelled 1973.
- 1981 to 1995 : No events.
- 1996 to date : Production Car Trial at Kensworth, Bedfordshire.
Read the full Guy Fawkes Story on the Falcon Motor Club’s website.
For more information about the sections, see the Trials Sections Database.
Page updated : 8 October 2018